Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Living Long and Finding Sunshine




I know I'm a successful parent when I have a kid that will grow up knowing every Star Trek detail.  Bain has his love of sports to share with the boys ... but my "life joys" tend to be on the nerdy side of life.  

BJ is in bed - as I type - watching Star Trek: The Original Series episodes on his IPOD.  We have had a marathon Star Trek day today.  We downloaded 20 of the original series episodes from iTunes and we've been watching them one after another.  What a productive day it's been.

We waited for a break in the weather so we could go to the pool ... At one point, we thought we had it.  We were in the car ... seat belted, sunscreened, bathing suited, with towels and supplies.  You can imagine what it took to get us to that point ...

Then, just as I was going to turn the key in the ignition, it POURED ... first, came a few huge BOOMS of thunder ... then the rain followed in about 30 seconds.  It was a downpour and it lasted for a couple of hours.  

But, the good news is that we did make it to the pool FINALLY ... and we had those extra couple of hours to watch more Star Trek.  BJ is becoming a little expert ... just ask him about Klingons and Vulcans.  Just like his momma.  Ain't that sweet?  ... Okay, weird, too ... but sweet!  :)

About today's pool photos ... Hank passed the "swim test" so he got a bracelet.  This means that he swims good enough to be at the pool without an adult.  I could drop him off ... or go work out while he swims.  BJ passed the swim test, too.  A few little steps towards mommy freedom.

Loving the summer so far!  Live long and prosper!

No comments: