Saturday, August 23, 2008

Football Heats Up















My pictures are out of order ... the bed time pics ended up at the front.  More on them at the end of the post ... 

BJ's football team played in the worst heat today.  He played both offense and defense ... so, basically, he was in the game for an hour and a half straight - except for the break at half time.  The score was 0/0 until the last minute of the game when the other team scored 6.  It was a bummer to be tied the entire game, to fight so hard and then to lose.  

In the picture of the game, you may be able to click on it and get a larger image ... then, you might see BJ.  He's #50 - right in the center of the picture ... and, he's in a battle (AKA tackle) with another player.  :)  

He is right in the center of the line this year and has the job of blocking the biggest players on the other team.  I think he did a really great job today and he stripped the ball several times when they tried to run the ball through the middle.

After almost three hours at the field (between weigh in, warm up, game time and after-game pep talk), we went home sunburned, sweaty and exhausted.  Richard took the boys to Wendy's for lunch and Bain, Zoe & I went to Burger King.  Once home, it was time for some naps and play time.  I went for a pedicure and shopping while Zoe took her nap.

Tonight, we've been watching Olympic diving and watching the men's marathon.  I absolutely love the Olympics.

Zoe got in bed with her Darth Vader mask and cap gun tonight.  I snapped her picture ... it was so funny.  She is the most interesting mix between loving "girly" stuff (like carrying her doll around today at the football game) and loving the boys' stuff, too ... like guns and Star Wars lasers.  :)  

So far, the boy/girl difference hasn't totally registered in her mind ... For example, quite often, she tries to pee pee standing up.  I try to explain it ... but to no avail!  :)

I didn't think about my school job too much today.  It was time for a break after several weeks of focusing on it every day.  Tomorrow, I'll be writing lesson plans and getting ready for next week ... but, for today, I was just a mom again.

1 comment:

kirsten said...

nothing more appealing to those boys than a girl that can talk star wars! all this football will come in handy one day on a first date when the boy doesn't know what to say.