Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween Night Spooks



For her Halloween costume, Zoe had the choice of several fairy princess outfits, a lady bug, baby Bop or some of the boys' previous Halloween costumes.  Well ... I was hoping for something sweet and girly ... but she picked "Tow Mater" ... everyone's favorite tow truck from Cars (in case you are not familiar with him).  Hank & Jackson took a trip to the Dollar Tree with me and picked out their costumes ... a cowboy for Hank and a soldier for Jackson.  

BJ opted to stay at home and not trick-or-treat ... instead, he wanted to pass out the candy along with Richard.

Bain & I were alternating driving the Jeep from house to house while the other of us went to the doors with the kids.  After about 30 minutes, Zoe started saying, "I want to stay in Jeep with mommy." ... Jackson was saying, "Daddy, I'm tiiiiired."  And, Hank was saying, "I want to go home."

We went home to our very clean house ... part of my birthday present from Bain.  He hired someone to clean the house and, oh my, it is so much better.  Working and house cleaning are tough to juggle and I'm dropping most of the balls.  I also had a couple of dozen roses and an appointment for a massage for this morning (Today's the big birthday day).

Tonight, we're going out to eat ... I get to pick it.  So, all day, I'll be thinking all about where I want to eat ... maybe Bonefish Grill or some place with good Mexican food ... maybe the new Asian restaurant or Sperry's for a great salad and steak.

My age is getting uncomfortably close to 50 (born in '62 .. you do the math).  I keep thinking that 50 years is such a long time.  I don't FEEL like I'm an antique ... isn't that the age of antiques, 50 years?  :)   But I guess that soon, I will be an official antique!

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't realize you and Zoe's big days were so close together! I hope you have a great one!

Colleen said...

Well, I think it's fun that Zoe got to pick her costume. I bet one of these years she'll want to be something girly.

Happy birthday! (Mine is next Saturday.) Sounds like you've got a great day planned!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Martha!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day!

Eileen said...

Happy Birthday Martha! Sounds like you got some great gifts!

kirsten said...

clean house.....! best gift ever!!! OH, and dinner. you deserve it ALL!